Seared Tilapia with Asparagus
230 calories per serving
• 2 pounds thin, tender asparagus, trimmed
• 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped mint leaves
• 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• Pinch red pepper flakes
• 2 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound total), halved
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus 4 teaspoons oil for drizzling
1.) Put a steamer basket in a large pot over 1-inch of boiling salted water. Add the asparagus; cover and steam until it is crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
2.) In a small dish, stir together the mint, garlic, lemon zest and pepper flakes.
3.) Brush the tilapia with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 tilapia fillets to hot pan; cook, turning once, until opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining tilapia.
4.) Serve the tilapia with the asparagus; garnish with gremolata mixture. Drizzle the asparagus and fish with olive oil, if desired.