Orange-Scented Beef Stir-Fry
266 calories per serving
• 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
• 1 tablespoon oyster-flavored sauce
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
• 1 1/2-2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce
• 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
• 12 ounces beef top sirloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/4-inch strips
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
• 1 large onion, slivered (1 1/2-2 cups)
• 1 small red bell pepper, diced (1 cup)
• 1 pound broccoli florets, (about 4 cups)
1.) Combine 1/4 cup broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, marmalade, oyster sauce, vinegar and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl; mix well.
2.) Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add half the beef; stir-fry until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Stir-fry the remaining beef in 1 teaspoon oil; transfer to the plate.
3.) Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the wok. Add ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, 10 to 20 seconds. Add onion; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and broccoli; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup broth, cover and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Push the vegetables to the sides. Stir the sauce mixture and add it to the wok. Cook, stirring, until the sauce becomes thick and translucent. Stir the vegetables into the sauce and return the beef to the wok; toss to coat. Serve immediately.