Vegetable Lover’s Chicken Soup
2 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
261 calories per serving
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 8 ounces chicken tenders, cut into bite-size chunks
• 1 small zucchini, finely diced
• 1 large shallot, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
• 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 2 tablespoons orzo, or other tiny pasta
• 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach
1.) Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2.) Add zucchini, shallot, Italian seasoning and salt and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, wine and orzo (or other tiny pasta); increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the pasta is tender, about 8 minutes, or according to package directions. Stir in spinach, the cooked chicken and any accumulated juices from the chicken; cook, stirring, until the chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes.