Sirloin Steaks with Mushroom Sauce and Chive-Garlic Potatoes
326 calories per serving
• 4 (4-ounce) boneless sirloin steaks, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
• 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
• 1/2 cup dry red wine
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
• 1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
• 1/3 cup chopped chives
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1.) Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add steaks to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm.
2.) Add mushrooms to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Combine wine, 1/2 cup water, flour, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; stir well with a whisk. Add wine mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until thick; stir constantly. Remove from heat.
3.) Prepare potatoes according to package directions. Stir in chives and garlic powder. Place 3/4 cup potatoes on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1 steak and about 1/4 cup mushroom sauce.