Blackened Salmon Sandwich
404 calories per serving
• 1 pound wild salmon filet, skinned, and cut into 4 portions
• 2 teaspoons blackening or Cajun seasoning
• 1 small avocado, pitted
• 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
• 4 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
• 1 cup arugula
• 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1.) Oil grill rack; preheat grill to high.
2.) Rub salmon on both sides with blackening (or Cajun) seasoning. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
3.) Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
4.) To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato, and onion.