Pan-Grilled Snapper with Orzo Pasta Salad
4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 3/4 cup pasta mixture)
398 calories per serving
• 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
• Cooking spray
• 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons orange juice
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1.) Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
2.) Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
3.) Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, shallots, parsley, lemon juice, orange juice, and mustard in a small bowl, stirring well. Slowly add olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle the shallot mixture over pasta; toss well to coat.