Steamed Mussels in Tomato Broth
267 calories per serving
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 6 ripe plum tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 3 pounds mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1.) Warm oil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid over low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, increase the heat to high and stir for 1 minute more. Pour in wine and bring to a boil.
2.) Add mussels, cover and steam, occasionally giving the pan a vigorous shake, until all the mussels have opened, 3 to 4 minutes. Discard any that do not open. Transfer the mussels to a serving bowl. Spoon the broth over the mussels and sprinkle with parsley.