Chicken Parmesan Sub
458 calories per serving
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat (8 ounces)
• 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 6-ounce bag spinach
• 1/3 cup prepared marinara sauce, (see Tips for Two)
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 2 soft whole-wheat sandwich rolls, toasted
1.) Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Place chicken between two large pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet or a heavy saucepan until the chicken is an even 1/4-inch thickness. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
2.) Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach, and cook, stirring often, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
3.) Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add the chicken, and cook until golden on first side, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over the chicken; reduce heat to medium, top with the wilted spinach, marinara sauce and Parmesan. Sprinkle with mozzarella, cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve on rolls.