Orecchiette with Kale, Bacon, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
350 calories per serving
• 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
• 5 cups bagged pre-washed kale
• 2 slices center-cut bacon
• 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1.) Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes or until almost tender. Add kale, and cook 2 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
2.) While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; crumble and set aside. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add sun-dried tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and garlic to drippings in pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add pasta mixture, reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, black pepper, and salt to pan; toss to combine. Top pasta mixture evenly with bacon and cheese; drizzle evenly with lemon juice.