Pan-Seared Salmon with Pineapple-Jalapeno Relish
308 calories per serving
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juisce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
1) Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in ¼ teaspoon salt.
2) Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Combing remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, chilli powder, and black pepper, stirring well; sprinkle evenly over fish. Add fish to pan, skin side up; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with mixture.