Gluten-Free Spring Veggie Stir Fry with Noodles
- 1 8-ounce package of thick white rice noodles, cooked and drained
- Salt to taste
- Sesame oil to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy nut butter
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ tablespoon Sriracha
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 15-ounce package fried or smoked tofu
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- ½ cups snow peas, strings removed
- ¾ cup chopped asparagus
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into coins
- ¼ cup soybean sprouts
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
- ¾ cup fresh broccoli florets
1) In a medium bowl, add noodles, salt lightly, and drizzle with a touch of sesame oil.
2) For the dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together all ingredients. Coat noodles with dressing until evenly coated.
3) In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, toss together tofu, peanuts, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and sauté until browned, about 7 minutes. Set aside. Add remaining sesame oil, snow peas, asparagus, carrots, sprouts, scallions, and broccoli and sauté, stirring often, until vegetables are brightly colored and slightly tender. Combine veggies with tofu and peanut mixture.
4) To serve, divide noodles evenly among serving bowls and top with veggies, tofu, and peanuts. Serve hot.