242 calories per serving
- ½ cup sake (rice wine)
- ¼ cup mirin (sweet sake)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer layers removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup sweet Asian chilli sauce
- 4 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 4 pieces Pacific cod
- Cooked brown rice
- ½ cup cilantro sprigs
1) Set a steamer in a wok or pot with 2 inches water underneath. Bring water to a boil.
2) Meanwhile, boil sake and mirin until reduced by half. Mince 1 tablespoon lemongrass; cut the rest into thin 3-inch strips. Add minced lemongrass to sake mixture, reduce heat to medium, and add onion, garlic, juices, and zest. Cook 3 minutes; add chilli sauce and cook until thickened, 10 minutes.
3) Put lemongrass strips and ginger in steamer. Top with fish; cook, covered, until just opaque in center, 8 minutes. Serve over rice with a drizzle of sauce and the cilantro.