- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 11 ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 8 green, yellow, and/or red sweet peppers
In a large saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in broth. Bring to boiling; add uncooked rice, oregano, black pepper, salt, and paprika. Simmer, covered, about 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, corn, and cilantro.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice tops from sweet peppers; remove and discard seeds. In a 3-quart rectangular baking dish, arrange peppers in a single layer. Spoon rice mixture into sweet peppers; place pepper tops onto rice. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes* or until peppers are crisp-tender and rice mixture is heater through.