1 cookie, makes 36
Per cookie: 142 calories, 9.6g fat, 1.7g fiber
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (250 g) package chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in vanilla.
4. Blend in egg and cocoa, then flour, baking soda and salt, beating until a stiff dough is formed.
5. Stir in chocolate chunks.
6. Spoon rounded tablespoonsful of dough 5cm apart on ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8-12 minutes until set.
8. Cool on tray for two minutes, then transfer to wire racks.