makes 7-8 large patties
2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!)
1/4 cup wheat flour
optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand – I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper and a scoop of nutritional yeast)
salt to taste if needed
plentiful Panko crumbs
safflower oil for pan
burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs – or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings.
Note: yes this patty does fall kind of apart as you eat it. But that is OK because it tastes yummy.
Tag Archives: Avocado
6 (1/2 cup each)
Calories: 154.7 • Fat: 11.7 g • Protein: 9.3 g
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (discard the rest)
- 1 medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, yogurt, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork. Combine with egg whites and adjust salt as needed.
Blackened Salmon Sandwich
404 calories per serving
• 1 pound wild salmon filet, skinned, and cut into 4 portions
• 2 teaspoons blackening or Cajun seasoning
• 1 small avocado, pitted
• 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
• 4 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
• 1 cup arugula
• 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1.) Oil grill rack; preheat grill to high.
2.) Rub salmon on both sides with blackening (or Cajun) seasoning. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
3.) Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
4.) To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado mixture on each roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato, and onion.