- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
Tag Archives: Basil
Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
507 calories per serving
- 1 pound cavatappi or other pasta
- 12 ounce chicken breast cutlets
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tub (6 to 7 oz) cilantro or basil pesto
- 1 cup jarred roasted peppers (preferably red and yellow), drained, cut in strips
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1.) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as package directs, reserving about 1 cup of cooking water before draining.
2.) Meanwhile, heat stove top grill pan. Coat chicken with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
3.) Cut chicken into strips. Add to drained pasta along with pesto, peppers, tomatoes, and about 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water (or more if desired). Toss to mix and coat.
Chicken Pasta Primavera
485 calories per serving
• 12 ounces cavatappi or fusilli pasta
• 2 green onions
• 4 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves, cut into 1-inch chunks
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
• 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
• 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
• 1/4 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed, thinly sliced
1.) Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Add pasta and cook as label directs. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Return pasta and reserved cooking water to saucepot.
2.) Meanwhile, slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons sliced dark green tops for garnish. In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil on medium-high until hot. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook 7 minutes or until chicken is browned and no longer pink throughout, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to medium bowl; set aside.
3.) To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil; reduce heat to medium. Add green onions and garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add asparagus and red pepper; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Stir in cream, crushed red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat mixture to boiling on medium high. Stir in reserved chicken pieces and remove skillet from heat.
4.) To saucepot with pasta and reserved cooking water, add Parmesan, chicken mixture, and basil; stir to combine. To serve, spoon into bowls and garnish with reserved dark green onion.