Peanut Butter Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies ~ These cookies have the great flavor of peanut butter, are power packed because of adding protein powder and are egg & flour free and are sweetened with bananas & applesauce. If you want to indulge, add some chocolate or carob chips & take the flavor up to the next level!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed until smooth & creamy
- 1/3 cup peanut butter ~ creamy or chunky
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder ** (can be made without, cookie will just be lower in protein)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter flavor extract ** (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (peanut, walnut, or your favorite)
- 1/4 cup carob or chocolate chips (**optional)
Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix mashed banana & peanut butter until completely combined then add in the applesauce, vanilla protein powder & the extract(s) ~ mix again until all are completely combined.
Add in the oatmeal & nuts to the banana mixture & combine. (** add the optional carob / chocolate chips at this time if you want them mixed throughout)
Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into rounds. (** if you just want the carob / chocolate chips on the top of the cookies, add now)
Bake cookies approx. 30 minutes, or until golden brown & done. Remove from oven & let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack. (if you want the traditional fork tong marks on the cookies, use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to score the tops of the cookies while they’re still warm)
When cookies are completely cool, store in a covered container. Enjoy!
Recipe from Watching What I Eat