Linguine with Easy Meat Sauce
296 calories per serving
• 1 (9-ounce) package fresh linguine
• 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
• 1/2 cup pre-chopped onion
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, un-drained
• 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1.) Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
2.) While pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, garlic, oregano, and salt; cook 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pasta; top with cheese and parsley.