Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
507 calories per serving
- 1 pound cavatappi or other pasta
- 12 ounce chicken breast cutlets
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tub (6 to 7 oz) cilantro or basil pesto
- 1 cup jarred roasted peppers (preferably red and yellow), drained, cut in strips
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1.) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as package directs, reserving about 1 cup of cooking water before draining.
2.) Meanwhile, heat stove top grill pan. Coat chicken with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
3.) Cut chicken into strips. Add to drained pasta along with pesto, peppers, tomatoes, and about 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water (or more if desired). Toss to mix and coat.