makes 7-8 large patties
2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!)
1/4 cup wheat flour
optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand – I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper and a scoop of nutritional yeast)
salt to taste if needed
plentiful Panko crumbs
safflower oil for pan
burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs – or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings.
Note: yes this patty does fall kind of apart as you eat it. But that is OK because it tastes yummy.
Tag Archives: summer
12-16 1/2-inch thick watermelon triangles with 3-inch sides
2 cups (500 mL) Greek vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
Few drops almond extract
1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
1 cup (250 mL) white chocolate chips
1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced toasted almonds
1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
Arrange the watermelon triangles on a serving platter, set aside.
In a small bowl mix yogurt with extracts and drizzle mixture over the watermelon to give the appearance of nacho cheese sauce. Sprinkle dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and almonds over the yogurt and dust with cinnamon.
*Intended to be shared, for healthier version hold off on chocolate chips & less yogurt
Per serving: about 400 cal, 8 g pro, 11 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 73 g carb, 4 g fibre, 10 mg chol, 65 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 10%, calcium 20%, vit A 70%, vit C 80%